This template contains performance & statistics counters for monitoring Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets.
- PowerShell modules:
Az.Accountshave to be installed prior to running this template on target machine.
- To connect with Azure account following parameters are required:
Note: Any Azure App (with its name & ID) having minimum role as 'Read-Only.'
- Application name for which metrics have to be calculated and its Resource Group Name.
- Time interval for which data has to be fetched (in hours).
- PowerShell 5.1 or greater
- Login credentials to access Azure Portal. Azure details have to be passed in script arguments as per prerequisites (comma separated)
<SubscriptionID>[string in GUID format]
<TenantID>[string in GUID format]
<ApplicationID>[string in GUID format]
<TimeInterval>[decimal] number of hours to pull for data
<NumRetries>[int] (Optional) [Default: 3]
<WaitTime>[decimal] number of seconds before retry (Optional) [Default: 0.5]
- To install
Azure AzPowerShell module, refer to: Install the Azure Az PowerShell module
- Administrator rights on the machine where template would be running. Script should run with administration privilege.
ApplicationIDwith which you are making a connection to Azure portal (as mentioned in Credential/Prerequisites) must be registered in Azure Active Directory as contributor or reader role for the monitored application.
Reference link: Tips for adding an Azure AD app for cloud monitoring in the Orion Platform
Portions of this document were originally created by and are excerpted from the following sources:
- Windows virtual machines in Azure
- Supported metrics with Azure Monitor
- Tutorial: Create a virtual machine scale set and deploy a highly available app on Windows
Last Updated: 2019-JUL-25
Previous Template: Azure Virtual Machine Scale Set - Application Monitor Templates - Server & Application Monitor has been deprecated