This template contains performance & statistics counters for monitoring Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets.
- PowerShell modules:
Az.Accountshave to be installed prior to running this template on target machine.
- To connect with Azure account following parameters are required:
Note: Any Azure App (with its name & ID) having minimum role as 'Read-Only.'
- Application name for which metrics have to be calculated and its Resource Group Name.
- Time interval for which data has to be fetched (in hours).
- PowerShell 5.1 or greater
- Login credentials to access Azure Portal. Azure details have to be passed in script arguments as per prerequisites (comma separated)
<SubscriptionID>[string in GUID format]
<TenantID>[string in GUID format]
<ApplicationID>[string in GUID format]
<TimeInterval>[decimal] number of hours to pull for data
<NumRetries>[int] (Optional) [Default: 3]
<WaitTime>[decimal] number of seconds before retry (Optional) [Default: 0.5]
- To install
Azure AzPowerShell module, refer to: Install the Azure Az PowerShell module
- Administrator rights on the machine where template would be running. Script should run with administration privilege.
ApplicationIDwith which you are making a connection to Azure portal (as mentioned in Credential/Prerequisites) must be registered in Azure Active Directory as contributor or reader role for the monitored application.
Portions of this document were originally created by and are excerpted from the following sources:
- Windows virtual machines in Azure
- Supported metrics with Azure Monitor
- Tutorial: Create a virtual machine scale set and deploy a highly available app on Windows
Last Updated: 2019-JUL-25
Previous Template: Azure Virtual Machine Scale Set - Application Monitor Templates - Server & Application Monitor has been deprecated