This template contains performance & statistics counters for monitoring Microsoft Azure Event Hubs.
- PowerShell modules:
Az.Accountshave to be installed prior to running this template on target machine.
- To connect with Azure account following parameters are required:
Note: Any Azure App (with its name & ID) having role as 'contributor or Reader' in Azure access control.
- Application name for which metrics have to be calculated and its Resource Group Name.
- Time interval for which data has to be fetched (in hours).
- PowerShell 5.1 or greater
- Login credentials to access Azure Portal. Azure details have to be passed in script arguments as per prerequisites (comma separated)
<SubscriptionID>[string in GUID format]
<TenantID>[string in GUID format]
<ApplicationID>[string in GUID format]
<NumRetries>[int] (Optional) [Default: 3]
<WaitTime>[decimal] number of seconds before retry (Optional) [Default: 0.5]
- To install
Azure AzPowerShell module, refer to: Install the Azure Az PowerShell module
- Administrator rights on the machine where template would be running. Script should run with administration privilege.
ApplicationIDwith which you are making a connection to Azure portal (as mentioned in Credential/Prerequisites) must be registered in Azure Active Directory as contributor or reader role for the monitored application.
Portions of this document were originally created by and are excerpted from the following sources:
- Quickstart: Create an event hub using Azure PowerShell
- Supported metrics with Azure Monitor
- Monitor Azure Event Hubs
Last Updated: 2019-JUL-25
Previous Template: Microsoft Azure Event Hub - Application Monitor Templates - Server & Application Monitor has been deprecated