This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Updating tickets via email

I apologize if I’m asking something that everyone else knows or is documented somewhere that I haven’t immediately found, but I am looking for a list of values that can be used in the subject of an email to change a ticket. Thanks to one post I found, I found that the following subject line can be used to add a hidden tech note to a ticket (ticket #997 in this example):

Ticket:997 Action:TechUpdate Hidden:YES

I feel sure other actions and/or parameters can also be passed though. I’m mostly interested in how to change the status of a ticket (e.g. open, pending, resolved, closed, etc…) via an email. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Parents
  • Hete are some others:

Ticket:536118 Action:TechUpdate Hidden:NO Status: EmailClient:NO Reassign: MinutesWorked: BillingRate:

• Thank you! I was able to use several of these to help me. Status:Pending worked for example as did MinutesWorked:5 (5 being the example value I used of course). I think I can do most of what I was looking for now. One field left though is a custom field we have but I think this might be more tricky since it's a custom field. If anyone knows of other supported parameters (including support for custom fields), Please let me know but I already appreciate the help received this far quite a lot!

• Thank you! I was able to use several of these to help me. Status:Pending worked for example as did MinutesWorked:5 (5 being the example value I used of course). I think I can do most of what I was looking for now. One field left though is a custom field we have but I think this might be more tricky since it's a custom field. If anyone knows of other supported parameters (including support for custom fields), Please let me know but I already appreciate the help received this far quite a lot!

Children
  • I haven't been able to get custom fields to work.  I know you can include them in outbound emails by using the display order number.  For example if you want to include a custom field in an email the tag would be <custom_10> or whatever the display number is for that field.  Haven't been able to get it to work for updating tickets via email though.