This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Catalog item with tasks

I am building Catalog items with tasks attached. There are multiple sections of tasks, some are assigned to specific users and other are assigned to groups. I have noticed that the groups are not being notified via email while the individual users are. Is there any way to add email alerts to the group members as well? 

Parents Reply Children
  • There are 5 users in the group including myself, group notifications and my account notifications are all turned on. We received notifications when the incident is created from the catalog item, but users are not notified of the tasks assigned to the group. Wasn't sure if the system just assumed that users would check tasks within the incident or not? My concern was that this incident will eventually be passed across 4 groups and I want to make sure each group gets notified as the tasks are completed when it is their turn for work to be done. 

• Members of a group should absolutely be notified when a task is assigned. There is likely a missing configuration. asked some great questions and advised you check the right spots, but I'd like to take a closer look. Feel free to email me directly and we can review your account offline. (sean.sebring@solarwinds.com)