This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unable to access backend interface.

It happened around the same time, so not sure if it was due to this, but I changed my primary email address in Azure, and since then, I am not able to access the backend of our Samanage interface.

If I log in now, it just takes me to the general user's interface, and doesn't show I have any tickets.  In the Azure enterprise application area, it shows me as an administrator, and I set up a second administrator and it goes to the same generic user interface.

Under my role it shows me as a requester, so it logs me in without any issue.  

I remember having to at some point import something for the association between Azure and Samanage Service Desk, but I am not finding what that was.

I see this under provisioning.

If I got to update credentials on that page and do test under administrator, it fails. 

Parents
  • Hi , were you able to get this resolved? If not, I would recommend opening up a ticket with our support team by emailing them at technicalsupport@solarwinds.com. You can also open a ticket via your customer success portal. 

• I had not, and will do that.

• Ok, let me know if you are not able to get traction with them. You can either reach out to me in this thread or a dm. 

Joey Brown

Senior Product Manager

• It looks like the token in M365 expired, and the instructions I see in Token authentication for API integration (solarwinds.com) are not clear as far as how to generate a new one.  I am not sure if this is in the Azure user profile or somewhere on Samanage's website.  I had to do this last year but am not finding the email discussion I had with tech support of how it was done.

• You would generate the new token in SWSD.

1. Navigate to Setup > Users & Groups > Users and locate your User detail page (not your User Profile Card). You can also use the search bar to go directly to your user and click on your name for details.
    2. From the user detail page, click Actions and select Generate JSON Web Token from the dropdown menu. (SWSD administrator rights required.)
    3. In the user detail page under JSON Web Token you can see the following options:
      • Copy. Copy the token to your clipboard.
      • Reset. Reset your token.
      • Delete. Delete your Token.
      • Hide Token. Minimize your token, and replaces with a Show Token link.
    4. Click Copy.

The thing that has me scratching my head is that we dont have expirations on the tokens from SWSD and they are only expired manually by creating a new one. Seems to me that when you changed your email address it "killed" that user so the API token is no longer valid. Support will need to help you get that user moved back to an admin account so you can create a new API token and plug it into Azure.

• It is an Azure thing from what I am seeing.  According to the document I pasted the token shouldn't expire if the email is changed or the password is reset.

Only administrators in SWSD can generate tokens. JSON web tokens will not break if the user's email address is changed, or the user's password is reset.

I can get into the customer portal for solarwinds, but I can't get into the service desk.  It says invalid url/user name.

• Ok, I would send this up to the support team and make sure to include any screenshots of the errors you are getting and where you can and can't get too.

Reply Children
No Data