Is SolarWinds Premier Support worth it?

I have been hearing a lot about this SW Premier Support and I hear some good and bad news. Also, I am getting lots of noise from reddit of how bad their experience with the current Support Offering.

In any case, is this really a good idea to get Premier Support without fixing their current Technical Support situation.

It would be a great help if you could help me get some insight about this. Ciao!

Parents
  • Personally I feel no company so use a price tag to fix what is currently broken.   Example in your question, shouldn't SW fix the issues with their current support before offering a very expensive support model, which in all honesty, has not proven with past support to be able to do a quality job.   Why would an organization justify paying a premium for a minimum? I know it's promised to be this grand scale, however their software is quite expensive, and there is a free support with maintenance agreements.   So if in fact part of my maintenance agreement is financing support items already, why would I justify more spend?  Give us a year free to see if we can

a. use it to the extent we can justify value

b. determine if it is the service promised

c. provides the organization with a more reliable platform for SW due to support levels

but it's just my opinion. 

• Personally I feel no company so use a price tag to fix what is currently broken.   Example in your question, shouldn't SW fix the issues with their current support before offering a very expensive support model, which in all honesty, has not proven with past support to be able to do a quality job.   Why would an organization justify paying a premium for a minimum? I know it's promised to be this grand scale, however their software is quite expensive, and there is a free support with maintenance agreements.   So if in fact part of my maintenance agreement is financing support items already, why would I justify more spend?  Give us a year free to see if we can

a. use it to the extent we can justify value

b. determine if it is the service promised

c. provides the organization with a more reliable platform for SW due to support levels

but it's just my opinion. 

Children
No Data