This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to forward tickets to a group of people (techs) and not just individuals?

Hi,

What is the best way to forward tickets to a group of people (techs) and not just individuals. For example, group A receives a ticket and then require group B's assistance to complete the ticket.

They (Group A) can assign this ticket to a member of Group B and that works fine but how can they assign it to the whole of Group B to ensure this ticket is completed.

We have had issue where a ticket has been assigned to an individual who has been on leave, sick etc. and this ticket has gone unanswered as no one else in the group has seen the ticket.

Thanks

Noel

• I set up an Action Rule Process based on the Request type (or a group of Client Departments) as the criteria and email our whole Tech group that the ticket was entered.  That way if someone is out they know about the issue.  I also have another process  that includes all mangers/director if someone marks a ticket as critical which pages our oncall tech also.

You can also mark that tech as on Vacation in their profile and set up another Tech to be their backup where I believe they will get a email if a ticket is put in that would go to the person on vacation.

They could also always look at their Group Tickets (from the tab) to see what is out there or set up a query to search for just those Groups tickets that are open.