This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Technicians can only assign tickets to themselves?

My company recently switched over to the SolarWinds Service Desk and find that it's working great so far aside from a few hiccups here and there. One issue that we're still dealing with is all of our service desk technicians can only assign tickets to themselves (Me) as that is the only thing they see when they drop down the "assigned to" list on incidents. Administrators such as myself can assign to anyone. 

Because we run in a small team, being able to assign to other technicians is a functionality that we'd like to keep. I figured that granting the group with the technicians manage permissions for incidents without restriction would resolve this but they are still unable to assign to other techs. Is there something that I've missed? 

• Hi ,

Great to hear that things are going great! What you are probably running into is a permissions issue with your techs not being able to see the user list. What you will want to do is grant them permission to read the user list. So the action would be Read and the Subject is Users. Let me know if that doesn't resolve your issue!

-Joey