Url from a SWSD dashboard to Intranet page

Hi i would like to link a Solarwinds service desk dashboard to an internal website is this possible or even a live RSS feed to active incidents page

Parents
  • Howdy ,

I like this use case, and we do have an RSS export you should be able to leverage. Have you tried it? You can access it from most of the index views within the Service Desk.

Once you have created the desired filters, save the view. After saving it, use the Actions at the top right of the list and scroll down to Export> RSS. When the page changes, copy the URL. This is what you'll use on the target site.

Let us know how this works! Alternatively, you can use the API to create your own queries.

• Howdy ,

I like this use case, and we do have an RSS export you should be able to leverage. Have you tried it? You can access it from most of the index views within the Service Desk.

Once you have created the desired filters, save the view. After saving it, use the Actions at the top right of the list and scroll down to Export> RSS. When the page changes, copy the URL. This is what you'll use on the target site.

Let us know how this works! Alternatively, you can use the API to create your own queries.

Children
  • Hi,

I have tried an rss feed but it it not working, we use unily for our intranet page so it doesnt seem compatible. I havnt had much experience with API's would you have an starter guides? 

• Howdy again !

An API, or Application Programming Interface, is a set of rules and protocols that allows different software applications to communicate and interact with each other. It defines how requests and responses should be structured, enabling developers to access and use the functionality of a particular software or service.

To utilize an API effectively, some essential skills and experience are required:

1. Programming: Basic programming knowledge is necessary to understand and work with APIs. Familiarity with languages such as Python, Java, or JavaScript is often beneficial.

2. Web Technologies: Understanding web technologies like HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) and REST (Representational State Transfer) is crucial as many APIs are accessed over the web using these protocols.

3. Data Formats: Knowledge of common data formats like JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) and XML (eXtensible Markup Language) is essential for parsing and manipulating API responses.

4. Authentication and Authorization: APIs often require authentication to ensure secure access. Familiarity with authentication methods like API keys, OAuth, or token-based authentication is important.

5. Error Handling: Being able to handle and interpret errors returned by an API is essential for troubleshooting and debugging.

6. Documentation Reading: APIs come with documentation that outlines their functionalities and how to use them. The ability to read and understand API documentation is crucial to effectively use an API.

Overall, experience with programming, web technologies, data formats, authentication, error handling, and documentation reading are valuable skills when working with APIs.