This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Regular tasks

FormerMember
FormerMember

I'm migrating from an old version of the Solarwinds Web Help Desk.  In that, we could easily set regular tasks up as tickets, and have a new one created each week, day, month or whatever.  For instance, we need to cycle a detachable disk drive on something each week.  So we had a task that was created each week, assigned to a group, and then appeared as a ticket for action.

I cannot for the life of me see how to do this in SWSD.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Cathryn

• Hi , you can accomplish this by scheduling a service catalog item. You can set up a process in the service catalog to have your teams go through a certain set of steps each time it runs. Scheduling a service catalog item is really straight forward. 

• Go to Service Desk - Service Catalog
    • Scroll to the right on the index page to expose the actions column
    • In the actions column you will see a calendar button, click on this button
    • You will be able to fill out the service catalog item with any inputs needed and set the frequency in which you want it to run
    • Click Create

Hope that helps solve your use case!

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to joeybrown

Thank you so much, that's exactly what I needed.