Our campus on-boarded to a ServiceDesk instance this year. I would like to know if/how an existing ticket can generate a new ticket when it reaches a certain stage. The idea is as follows.
- From the service catalog, a new user account request ticket is submitted using the template in the self-service portal.
- Ticket filled in with required information.
- The ticket includes a task to add the new user email in the ticket when it's ready.
- Technician works the ticket.
- Enters the new user email.
- Marks that task as complete.
- A new ticket is generated once the task is marked complete.
- It captures several values from the existing ticket, including the new student email.
If anyone has a working example of what they did, I would really appreciate some help getting our instance configured.