This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Creating a comment on the ticket from a process element?

Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a way for the system to add a comment to a ticket using a process element.  An example is that users really can't see the process of where their tickets are at.  I can create ad-hoc notifications or build out e-mail templates, but what would be really convenient would be to add a simple process element that updates the ticket with a quick comment letting the user know where it was in the process.

Thanks.

• I'm assuming that you're referring to the Process Integration action in workflows.

The recommended way to send such notifications, is via the Send Notification action. Here's an example:

If you still prefer to add a comment via process integration:

1. Make sure that you have set up the SolarWinds Service Desk integration (Setup->Integrations->Process Integrations) with valid credentials (API Token)
    2. Use process integration like this:

I hope this helps.

Daniel