This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitor Windows Scheduled Tasks

Hi,

I want to monitor Windows Scheduled Task on some machines.

I found some information about that here: Use the Windows Scheduled Tasks Monitor

But I have some questions:

1. Is there a way to disable the monitoring for one specific scheduled task? (For example: I have 3 Tasks but I just want to monitor 2 of them)
  2. Is there a way to monitor scheduled task that are not in the root folder "Task Scheduler Library" , because from default only task in this folder will be monitored
  3. Is there a way to monitor scheduled task while the node is monitored by Agent and not WMI?

Dominik

• rsdom  wrote:

Hi,

I found some information about that here: Use the Windows Scheduled Tasks Monitor

1. Is there a way to disable the monitoring for one specific scheduled task? (For example: I have 3 Tasks but I just want to monitor 2 of them)
    2. Is there a way to monitor scheduled task that are not in the root folder "Task Scheduler Library" , because from default only task in this folder will be monitored
    3. Is there a way to monitor scheduled task while the node is monitored by Agent and not WMI?

Dominik

Hello Dominik!

I was looking at our application template, and there's currently not a way to modify the template to be configured in the way you're requesting. However, the data gathered by this component can be gathered via powershell see (Get-ScheduledTask ) and then ingested through the powershell monitor in SAM Create a Windows PowerShell monitor  and then displayed using a custom table widget. That should give you more control to limit what is monitored.

• serena  wrote:

rsdom   wrote:

Hi,

Dominik

Hello Dominik!

I was looking at our application template, and there's currently not a way to modify the template to be configured in the way you're requesting. However, the data gathered by this component can be gathered via powershell see (Get-ScheduledTask ) and then ingested through the powershell monitor in SAM Create a Windows PowerShell monitor  and then displayed using a custom table widget. That should give you more control to limit what is monitored.

Also - this might be a candidate for you to put into our feature request forum! Server & Application Monitor Feature Requests

• Thank you for your answer. I will try to test this if this fix my needs.

•   been trying to use get-scheduledtasks but unfortunately solarwinds does not seem to be able to run an elevated powershell session as it cannot see scheduled tasks created by other users.