This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Patch Manager Installation Error

Hey all,

i have some issues installing the Pacthmanager Software.

During the installation, it always crashes with following error:

"An unexpected Exception occurred during installation"

This is the full text within the details box:

System.FormatException: Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.
bei System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
bei System.String.FormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
bei OrionInstaller.ExpressInstallPage.ExpressInstallPage_ChangeUiCulture(Object sender, UICultureEventArgs e)
bei Wizard.UI.WizardPage.OnChangeUiCulture(UICultureEventArgs e)
bei Wizard.UI.WizardSheet.SetActivePage(String newPageName)
bei Wizard.UI.WizardSheet.nextButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Has anyone an idea? Im thankfull for every help.

Parents
  • From first line sounds like its seeing something its not expecting in the db. did the db create ok?

• This error appears when i choose the installation path /destination folder. So there is no db created yet. This should be the next step during the installation.

• any unusual chars in the path (umlauts etc)? 

• No, this is the path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Patch Manager

• are you running as admin with rights to create content in the prog file locations?
    did it create anything or bomb out strait away?
    any logs created under C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Logs\PM?

• Yes, i'm doing it with admin rights.

Nothing will be created, the installation bombs out directly.

I have a log on the following path: C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Logs\Installer.

This path: C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Logs\PM doesn't exist.

This is the result from the log:

[12:41: 3:873] ----------------------------
    [12:41: 3:898] OrionInstaller.BootStrapper Starting.
    [12:41: 5:418] RestartHelper::CheckExePath - cmdline: "C:\Temp\SolarWinds_Patchmanager\SolarWinds-Patch-Manager-2020.2.6-HF3.exe"
    [12:41: 5:430] RestartHelper::CheckExePath - file exists: C:\Temp\SolarWinds_Patchmanager\SolarWinds-Patch-Manager-2020.2.6-HF3.exe
    [12:41: 5:441] Checking Windows Versions
    [12:41: 5:454] .Net 4.8 detected.
    [12:41: 5:473] MSMQ check.
    [12:41: 5:498] MSMQ already installed
    [12:41: 5:509] Starting the following services: SWCollectorService;SWInfoServiceSvcV3
    [12:41: 5:521] Subinstaller didn't find in cmd, calculating.
    [12:41: 5:531] Calculated path - "\SubInstallers".
    [12:41: 5:542] Dictionary with subinstallers was not found
    [12:41: 5:552] Subinstallers path was not provided. Will not copy product catalog
    [12:41: 5:563] Starting "C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1\SWOrionSetup202203311240\SubInstallers\SPM_2020.2.6.50104\PreInstallationWizard.exe" from "" with command line of "SubInstallers\SPM_2020.2.6.50104\PreInstallationWizard.exe "C:\Temp\SolarWinds_Patchmanager\SolarWinds-Patch-Manager-2020.2.6-HF3.exe"  -SESSIONID=CECC4392-BF8C-4EC6-B160-EEB394645499".
    [12:41: 5:852] Process started.  PID = 5352   GLE = 0

• Are you are using the smaller online installer? Have you tried downloading the full offline installer?  this will come packaged with all the subinstallers.

• I see no diffrence between them?

The Offline installer has a size of 411MB. Also when i use the regular download button. These are the same files i guess? 

Reply Children
No Data