This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom widget for default group view

Dear Community,

I'm just trying to create an additional widget to display the 5 busiest interfaces in the standard group view. And I want that the top 5 were precisely for the viewed group, how is it possible to bind in a query to the currently viewed resource?

Best regards,

• Hi there, 

I have created this query that does I believe what you are looking for:

Currently it is using the percentage usage, but can be changed to bps if needed. Just take the code below and put it in a Custom Query widget on your group details page and it should work for whichever group you are looking for. (Follow these instructions to make a custom query widget)

select i.node.caption as [Node], i.caption as [Interface], concat(i.InPercentUtil,'%') as [Receive], concat(i.OutPercentUtil,'%') as [Transmit] from orion.npm.Interfaces i
    where i.Node.NodeID in (SELECT MemberPrimaryID
    FROM Orion.ContainerMembers
    where containerid = ${ID})
    order by i.PercentUtil DESC

Let me know how you get on with it!

Kind regards,

Marlie Fancourt | SolarWinds Pre-Sales Manager

Prosperon Networks | SolarWinds Partner since 2006

If this helps answer your question please mark my answer as confirmed to help other users, thank you!