This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Migration maps network atlas

Hello,

I am in the process of migrating from version 2016.2.100 to the latest available version 2020.2.5, I am performing the process on a new server in parallel.

So far I managed to perform the registration of nodes and other basic settings without problems, however, I came to the migration of my maps created in network atlas and we realized that when importing the maps the objects do not match those of the original maps.

Looking for information I understand that this is due to objetID of each node. Here is the question, is there a method to perform this process of migration of maps?, is it possible to modify the ID of a node?

Thank´s

Parents
  • I wouldn't edit the node ID in the new system as it is used as a key for various tables.

You can update the assignment of each object on the Network Atlas map but it's a manual process. I'm not sure if there is a way to do it in bulk.

1. Open the map in Network Atlas
    2. Right-click the object and click Properties
    3. On the Status tab, drag and drop the node/object from the left column into the "This object gets its status from:" box.  The object should then show that objects info.
    4. Repeat for each object.
    5. Save the map.

You may also want to consider recreating the maps in Orion Maps as Network Atlas has been deprecated.

• I wouldn't edit the node ID in the new system as it is used as a key for various tables.

You can update the assignment of each object on the Network Atlas map but it's a manual process. I'm not sure if there is a way to do it in bulk.

1. Open the map in Network Atlas
    2. Right-click the object and click Properties
    3. On the Status tab, drag and drop the node/object from the left column into the "This object gets its status from:" box.  The object should then show that objects info.
    4. Repeat for each object.
    5. Save the map.

You may also want to consider recreating the maps in Orion Maps as Network Atlas has been deprecated.

Children
No Data