This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Global default polling interval

Ive changed what I thought was the global default polling interval from 120 seconds to 30, but nodes still show 120 seconds.  Does this change only appy to newly added devices, and I therefore have to edit all the existing nodes polling intervals?

120s seems a bit long, and we found our old system (SNMPC which defaults to 30s), was actually alerting us to things happening before SW knew about them, so we want to change to have the same level of awareness...

Parents
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I just changed the default interface statistics polling interval to 1 minute from 9 minutes to get more granular reports.  I noticed that it only works for interfaces I have added after I made the change or interfaces that I remove and re-add.  Hope this helps.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I just clicked on the "Re-apply polling statistics interval" and this seems to have added my new polling interval to existing interfaces.  Woo hoo!

Reply Children
No Data