This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Real-Time Change SNMP Trap Rules

We shut down our SW server back in December 2020, and recently created a new server running Orion/NCM 2022.3. We did a migration and are using the same SQL DB, so all our devices and rules remained in place. We have custom SNMP rules checking for the following:

Varbind element with name SNMPv2-MIB:snmpTrapOID Is Equal To HP-SWITCH-BASIC-CONFIG-MIB:hpSwitchStartupConfigChange

SNMPv2-MIB:snmpTrapOID Is Equal To 1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.14.11.5.1.7.1.29.1.0.6

The rules are set to launch C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\SolarWinds.NCM.RTNForwarder.exe with Arguments {IpAddress},RealtimeNotification,${DateTime},${Message}

We are receiving the correct SNMP traps, but the rules aren't triggering. We have some older Comware switches that trigger a syslog rule, so I know the RTCD works. These are the same rules that worked for us in our previous environment, so I'm not sure why they're not working now. I spent an hour on a call with support yesterday looking into it and haven't gotten anywhere yet, so I just wanted to throw it out to everyone here and see if anyone has any ideas. Thanks!