This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM firmware repository access

Been working with tech support for a bit on this but still no answers yet.  I am currently running 2020.4 for NCM.  when i go to add the repository through NCM settings for firmware upgrades i get " Unable to access to network share using specified credentials"  When i go to add the credentials under network share settings to give ncm write access i get "Incorrect credentials on (orion server name)"  I can use the same credentials from the poller to map a network drive to teh share no problem,  the account has full control permissions on the share.  I was able to lock the account out by putting a bad password in either setting so it seems like it is talking to active directory at least.   I have verified I can use a local account on the poller and point it to a local folder so the basic functionality seems to work just not when trying a network share.

The only articles I have found so far were for error if you had incorrect credentials, which i can prove they work just fine from the primary orion server or any other windows machine on my network by mapping drives with the credentials.  

• Did you ever figure out the issue you were having? I am having the same issue and can't figure out what's wrong :( 

• I figured it out. 

The AD user needs the login locally setting configured in GPO:

Windows Computers/Servers (not Domain Controllers)

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) on the affected Windows computer/server, or the Group Policy Management Console (gpmc.msc) on the domain controller if editing the GPO for all domain-joined computers/servers. 
    2. If editing the GPO for all domain computers in GPMC, select Default Domain Policy. If not, skip this step.
    3. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment.
    4. Configure both "Allow log on locally" as well as "Allow log on through Remote Desktop Services" rights to include the users/groups that will be logging into any Windows computers/servers (not domain controllers) protected with Duo Windows Logon.
    5. Ensure that Deny logon locally is not applied to the same users/groups. If applied, this policy will override "Allow log on locally" and you will not be able to log in successfully. 
    6. Run a gpupdate /force command on the computer, or reboot the computer, to apply the group policy changes.

That's the rough steps. 

• Yeah we found that as well.  

https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Shared-drive-path-fails-to-validate-in-NCM?language=en_US

is the KB support created from my ticket.  Although I found only needed log on locally on the orion server not the repository server.  Also I had a domain GPO that was over writing the local one.   So had to work with those administrators to get an updated GPO.  After that no problem validating.