This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can Log Analyzer suppress duplicate syslog alerts?

We like the fact that Log Analyzer can generate Orion alerts, which can be sent to ServiceNow.  This, provided that the SolarWinds/ServiceNow integration has been done, of course.  Anyway, we worry about SolarWinds flooding ServiceNow with hundreds or even thousands of duplicate syslog alerts for the same node(s).  That is a very great concern, since it could, at minimum, cripple our reliance on SolarWinds syslog alerting.

Does Log Analyzer (or the Orion platform) provide any way to prevent this?  Also, if you have already implemented Log Analyzer and you also have it linked with ServiceNow, I would like to hear about your experiences.  Thanks and best regards.

• Sorry for the delayed response. I missed this when it originally posted. My understanding is that the Service Now integration provides for this situation by simply updating the existing incident in SN rather than creating a net new one for each alert.