This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Run AD scan via script file

Hi,

is there a way to trigger an AD scan via script file?

When an AD account is locked, this is not visible in ARM in real time.
However, it is possible to activate an alarm which is triggered when an AD account is locked. The alarm can then be used to start a script.

In this way, locked AD accounts would be immediately visible in the ARM.

Kind regards

Jonas

Parents
  • Cool Idea, and yes there is an unofficial way to trigger. Look into the ARM installation directory and look for the file "app8ManCommand.exe --help". There is a recan for the OnPrem AD. Unfortunately, it is unofficial and could be "removed" every release :-(. It would be great if all that function would go into the official Web API.

• I have created a script that triggers the AD scan.
    When I run the script manually, it works fine.
    However, when the script is run as a result of an account lockout alert, the execution always fails with the message that the collector is unreachable.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

• I have created a script that triggers the AD scan.
    When I run the script manually, it works fine.
    However, when the script is run as a result of an account lockout alert, the execution always fails with the message that the collector is unreachable.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

Children