This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerting on Failed Calls

Hello,

Trying to post this again as the first post didn't get any traction

We are trying to alert on Failed Calls if they reach a certain threshold in the hour. We have tried a couple of trigger conditions, but the alerts seem to come in incorrectly based on what we are seeing in the VoIP Call search. Here is an example:

Alert went off at 8:14 pm on June 18th

But the VoIP Call search shows only 5 failed calls at that time –

Here is the trigger condition for this alert as well:

Any help on getting this alert to track correctly would be great! Thanks!

• in the yellow bar can you drop down the down arrow on the right side? There should be an option to 'Show SWQL' so you can copy and paste that here. I want to use that to build a query that pulls the same stuff, but shows the details for the 18th. 

• Here it is: 

SELECT DISTINCT E0.[Uri], E0.[DisplayName]
    FROM Orion.IpSla.CCMMonitoring AS E0
    WHERE ( ( ( (SELECT COUNT(AGG.[VoipCallDetails].[OrigFailedCall]) as agr FROM Orion.IpSla.CCMMonitoring AGG WHERE AGG.[Uri] = E0.[Uri]) >= '50' ) OR ( (SELECT COUNT(AGG.[VoipCallDetails].[DestFailedCall]) as agr FROM Orion.IpSla.CCMMonitoring AGG WHERE AGG.[Uri] = E0.[Uri]) >= '50' ) ) )

• BTW, I am guessing that you are alerting on the 'failed' from the call manager stats. If you go to the 'VoIP CallManager View' for the CM that alerted you should have a perfstack widget for failed calls. If you go to the 18th, and show all day, what does that graph look like? Does it go above 30? I still want to get the calls via SWQL, so I will try to pull that up. 

• I found the perfstack you are talking about and the graph doesn't show higher than 8 failed calls for the whole day.