This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Excluding some VMs from alerts?

I have an alert set to send an email when a VM storage utilization is at 99%. I want to exclude some VMs from this alert but can't seem to figure it out. I want to exclude VMs that start with MMWS and MNWS. I tried using the "does not start with" and "does not contain" but I still get alerts for VMs that start with MMWS and MNWS.

Please Advise.

• Hi there, 

I also run into a lot of issues getting these to work sometimes, a good rule of thumb is 'Contains' is basically using the 'Like' command from SQL. 

So in your case I would change MMWS to %MMWS% and that may work:

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Marlie Fancourt | SolarWinds Pre-Sales Manager

Prosperon Networks | SolarWinds Partner since 2006

If this helps answer your question please mark my answer as confirmed to help other users, thank you!

• Thank you for your response. After doing further research I ended up doing a custom query using the 'not like' command and MMWS%. 

• Hi there, glad to hear you got it sorted - could you mark my answer above as confirmed as it will help other Thwack Users find their way to the correct answer. 

Thanks!