This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

VMAN with Orion vs VMAN appliance alert response times

Hi,

We are using VMAN 8.2 integrated into Orion with a couple other products.  I created an alert that triggers when there are more than two snapshots on a VM due to an issue this creates.  Regardless of when the snapshots occur the alert seems to come out at around 8PM at night.  This is not helpful.  It seems that VMAN only evaluates the snapshots once a day.  I spun up the standalone VMAN appliance and the alert seems to trigger more frequently and correlates to how frequently the collection schedule runs.  My question is how do I get VMAN in Orion to evaluate the status of the VM's more frequently so as to alert more promptly when there are 2 VM snapshots?

Parents
  • jono11  wrote:

Hi,

We are using VMAN 8.2 integrated into Orion with a couple other products.  I created an alert that triggers when there are more than two snapshots on a VM due to an issue this creates.  Regardless of when the snapshots occur the alert seems to come out at around 8PM at night.  This is not helpful.  It seems that VMAN only evaluates the snapshots once a day.  I spun up the standalone VMAN appliance and the alert seems to trigger more frequently and correlates to how frequently the collection schedule runs.  My question is how do I get VMAN in Orion to evaluate the status of the VM's more frequently so as to alert more promptly when there are 2 VM snapshots?

Other than the guidance that was provided from our team member Lukas in his comment, I'd like to also let you know that with VMware event support I think you would be able to capture snapshot events and alert on an even faster interval in the VMAN on Orion side. I'd like to invite you to take a look at our beta forum to check out what the possibilities are.

• jono11  wrote:

Hi,

Other than the guidance that was provided from our team member Lukas in his comment, I'd like to also let you know that with VMware event support I think you would be able to capture snapshot events and alert on an even faster interval in the VMAN on Orion side. I'd like to invite you to take a look at our beta forum to check out what the possibilities are.

Children
No Data