This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Virtulization Asset Summary Last Poll

Can anyone tell me if the last poll number is in the database anywhere?  Looking to set up an alert on it as I found it went about 90 minutes this morning without a successful poll.

pastedImage_0.png

• I only had a quick second to glance at the DB but have you checked VIM_PollingTasks ?

I'll try to dig a little deeper later if that is not the right one.

• I think this can work.  It's not as simplistic as the last poll time, but I can build something for it.

Thanks

• Actually, in looking at it again, I noticed the timestamps aren't updating very often.  The poll interval for type 1 is set for 300, but the last poll times are not recent.   Do you see the same thing on your instance? 

pastedImage_0.png

• As a follow up on this.  I think the table will work, but I cannot verify at the moment.  I have been having database problems since my 6.4 upgrade.  Working with support on getting that fixed, so I think this is just another symptom of my problems.  My main poller's C drive filled up this weekend due to not being able to write the VIM data to the database.  Files building up in the StreamedResults folder - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

The app still reflects a recent poll time as it builds the stream file, but it cannot update the table as it can't write the data.

• Hi,

Last Poll row is not from VIM_PollingTask table.

It checks HostStatistics table and take last/max datetime from here.

I prepared hint how can you create alert on this:

- when setting Trigger Condition, choose Custom SWQL Alert (Advanced)

- select Virtual Host

- query: (first row is already pre-defined in dialog)

SELECT Hosts.Uri, Hosts.DisplayName FROM Orion.VIM.Hosts AS Hosts

WHERE Hosts.HostID IN (

SELECT HostID

FROM

(

SELECT HostID , MAX(DateTime) AS Time FROM Orion.VIM.HostStatistics

GROUP BY HostID

)

WHERE AddHour(1, Time) < GETUTCDATE()

)

- this will select hosts that don't have polled data in statistics table for last hour