This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert Action - Executing external program like Python script / Ansible Playbook

How we can execute external program like Python script / Ansible Playbook as trigger action.

Below article is not giving the direct answer /detailed way on above subject.

support.solarwinds.com/.../Tips-for-executing-external-scripts-and-batch-files-with-alerts

Parents
  • , so i dont have an exact walkthrough but the link you referenced should be viewed as a starting point. Regardless i think you might be barking up the wrong tree here because Ansible doesnt natively run on Windows, you're probably gonna have a hell of a time trying to get the Ansible part working with any degree of consistency. If you don't have it i would recommend you look into Ansible AWX or Ansible Tower because those products introduce an API that you can use to execute jobs. If you do that then you could use the HTTP POST alert action to kick off the desired job. 

• , so i dont have an exact walkthrough but the link you referenced should be viewed as a starting point. Regardless i think you might be barking up the wrong tree here because Ansible doesnt natively run on Windows, you're probably gonna have a hell of a time trying to get the Ansible part working with any degree of consistency. If you don't have it i would recommend you look into Ansible AWX or Ansible Tower because those products introduce an API that you can use to execute jobs. If you do that then you could use the HTTP POST alert action to kick off the desired job. 

Children
No Data