This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SAML Bug

Hello All,

I've just created a new SAML Group login and i'm using the fully distinguished name from AD. I'm only doing this because when I used the CN name it would not let me login to Solarwinds with the SAML group name. Weirdly when I use the fully distinguished name it crashes Solarwinds telling me it cannot use commas, but as you can see below its created the group but with no editable permissions. So I can login read only to Solarwinds.

I think i've found a bug! emoticons_happy.png

pastedImage_0.png

Here is the group (below) that is created despite the obvious error above. When I try to edit the permissions it comes up with the above error again.

pastedImage_2.png

Any ideas how to fix this?

Parents
  • Hello folks!
    This "bug" is still alive... Maybe not a bug, but clearly SolarWinds does not expect the full CN name in groups configured in the web interface.

Our project is being affected by this. We're using a proprietary SAML application that we can not change or modify in any aspect. All groups a person belongs to are sent in full CN name and there is no way to add them in SW interface.

I opened a case with support. Lets see what they can tell about it. I will post the results here as soon as I have them.

Reply Children
No Data