This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Storage Capacity Runout change in behaviour

We encountered an instance where the usage of a SAN dramatically changed and it filled up in very quickly and caught people off guard.

So I have created various views, Usage Freespace % graphs and the Storage Capacity report.

+   + 

Alas it appears I can not turn the runout time in to a graph I had hoped to be able to do that and use that as a basis for an alert as alerts on a SAN hitting x capacity is one thing but what the business has asked is whether it is possible to alert on a dramatic change in behaviour to the expected runout date to give an immediate alert. Ie a change of gradient as it were and a heads up. A sustained drop in freespace % over time would be the same thing I guess.

I see SRM.StorageArrays contains the following fields:CapacityRunoutSlope, CapacityRunoutOffset,CapacityRunout and CapacityRunoutDate but it seems to be a current value only, not historic records.

Has anyone thought of this before and any advice?

Thanks in advance

Parents
  • Hello,

This is a great idea for a feature in SRM. Sadly SRM does not keep historic data for capacity runout fields.

By default, the runout calculation is run once per 7 days. This is configurable through the Orion Advanced configuration page. 

• Hello,

This is a great idea for a feature in SRM. Sadly SRM does not keep historic data for capacity runout fields.

By default, the runout calculation is run once per 7 days. This is configurable through the Orion Advanced configuration page. 

Children
No Data