This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

EMC Unity/VNX -

Hi,

I am trying to create alerts for Unity and VNX arrays located in multiple sites. The default alerts used are Out-of-the-box. What I would like to do is to create custom alerts so that when I receive notifications I know exactly which array is in question rather than having to click on the link.

The email notification that I receive is as follows:
Subject: Alert Storage Array Usable Free Space is less than 10% at Monday, October 5, 2020 12:00 AM
Body: An issue on an object you are monitoring occurred at Monday, October 5, 2020 12:00 AM. It doesn't tell you which array. What I want to do is to customize the alerts to specify which array in the email notifications. It seems the only way this is possible is to create an alert for each array. Can you use variables and if so which in the Subject & Body of the notifications?

In addition, how do you define if a LUN is reaching 90% capacity for each array? When I try to modify the fields its looking for Storage Array Id which seems to be 2 digit and the status has a numeric value. How do we find out the values from the arrays? If I look at the scope in my environment within the list the values doesn't make much sense. I just need to know where to find these values so I know which array.

Thanks,

• Yes, you can put the name of the array in your alert message. Here's what I use in the subject of an alert for when the status of an array changes: 

SAN ${N=SwisEntity;M=OperStatusDescription}: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Name}

The resulting message says something like "SAN OK: ArrayName".