This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

linux SNMP monitoring says node is DOWN

I am configuring SNMP on a handful of RHEL8 servers.  I have one that is giving me troubles and refuses to cooperate!

I have snmpd running and snmpd.conf configured properly.  Orion is able to connect to the target and retrieve the SNMP info.  Orion is populating the server's information in the "Node Details". (i.e. last boot time, system name, Location, etc).  Even when I edit snmpd.conf (e.g. I edit the Location attribute) - Orion picks that up and updates the Node details in the console. When I test the SNMP connection, the test is successful.

My problem is that Orion is insisting that this node is "Down" - even though it's very obviously NOT down.  

I even tried copying the snmpd.conf file from a server that IS working in Orion, onto the 'not-working' server, and still NADA.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Parents Reply Children
No Data