This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

linux applications

Hi

I'm from the windows world but now I have to monitor applications (weblogic, apache, glassfish) on Linux machines.

My question is, on nodes monitored by snmp, as on Windows nodes, do I have to have a credential with permission in each application?

Thanks

• It depends on the application and on what you're looking to monitor. If you only want to monitor running processes, then SNMP credentials will be enough. If you want to monitor ports and web application sites/URLs, then you may not need any credentials unless the URL requires authentication. 

If you want to pull statistics from a web service like WebLogic, Apache, or GlassFish, then you may need application credentials that have permissions to check their admin/monitoring interfaces.