This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

FEATURE REQUEST - Network Atlas Migration Tool

Per the 2020.2 release notes, Network atlas is starting it's decomm process.

I'm sure we're not the only customer that uses network atlas maps, we have several hunders -- if not thousands of components/applications displayed on various maps. We're looking for a migration tool to automatically import these maps into the new Orion Maps

https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/success_center/orionplatform/Content/Release_Notes/Orion_Platform_2020-2_release_notes.htm

Network Atlas

Network Atlas is deprecated as of this release and will be removed in a future release. SolarWinds recommends that you start using Orion Maps in the Orion Web Console to display maps of physical and logical relationships between entities monitored by the Orion Platform products you have installed.

Parents
  • Atlas maps should not be decommissioned. While Orion Maps are nice, the software is not up to where it needs to be to take over. I built a Visio closet diagram in high res and uploaded it to Orion maps to drop nodes in and it is just a miserable experience. The support tech on the phone hasn't been able to size things correctly over the course of a week, when it should not be this hard. Orion maps needs a lock feature for the backgrounds as every time I try to click and move something, it moves the entire background off-center. I can't click and move when zoomed in as there is no slider, it just moves the entire background again, misaligning everything I painstakingly aligned. Next, you can't free resize anything making trying to use the scale a guessing game that you will often lose.  Its just not to where it needs to be to decom Atlas. I'll vote for this but you are going to have a bad time in Orion if you expect it to function like Atlas. 

•  - What version of Orion Maps are you using? The latest 2020.2 Release allows you to place a background image that is not selectable and will not move so some of the items you are mentioning have already been planned for and adjusted. 

I am not sure I am following the need for support to help size elements... do you have a case number I can review?

Similar to Visio, you should be able to use Space Bar to pan the map and Cntrl + or - or mouse wheel to zoom in and out as well as the buttons on the canvas.  Sliders have gone away in lieu of the Property Panels which provide much more functionality vs the 2019.4 release. While we are aware of a few other items ideally needed to meet feature parity plus, (I say plus because Orion Maps has a number of enhancements that were never possible in Atlas) the 2020.2 release is extremely close.  

Please ensure you are reviewing or looking at this most up to date release and confirm what you would need to make the move from Atlas to Orion Maps.  

• This has been resolved in case# 00549194 . The issue was with the width/height of the widget not with the sizing of the background image. It confused us both. I have it working beautifully now, I withdraw my previous criticism of the product, it was user error.

• This has been resolved in case# 00549194 . The issue was with the width/height of the widget not with the sizing of the background image. It confused us both. I have it working beautifully now, I withdraw my previous criticism of the product, it was user error.

Children
No Data