Server and Application Monitor 6.9.1 - Node based licensing

I updated Solarwinds to the latest and greatest and was reading the What's New in SAM 6.9.1 and saw the Node Based Licensing and included free Additional Polling Engines...

pastedImage_0.png

When I go to view my license page I see this

pastedImage_5.png

So I am wondering what is up with this?  Do I have the APE and node licensing in SAM? Do I have unlimited nodes in SAM?   And I have tried to contact my sales person but they never get back to me unless I am dropping cash and that is all I will say to keep this conversation civil. emoticons_wink.png

Thanks!

Dave

Parents
  • I have been looking into this as well, and I believe that sales reps should be able to make the conversion for us - however from what I understand once you convert from component-based licensing to node-based licensing you cannot go back...

I'm confused with how node-based licenses are applied.  Can I select which nodes to license with SAM, or does it simply apply to all nodes in our organization?  For example, if I have 5 print servers and 5 SQL servers do I need 10 SAM node-based licenses, even though there are no applications I want to monitor on the 5 print servers?  I would assume we would be able to select the nodes we want to license with SAM, but I haven't been able to find any clarification on this yet in the existing documentation. 

It would be nice to know how this works before making an irreversible change to our licenses.

• Can I select which nodes to license with SAM, or does it simply apply to all nodes in our organization?

All "managed" nodes - i.e. all directly monitored nodes including ICMP ones. (Yes, you read that right emoticons_happy.png)

It would be nice to know how this works before making an irreversible change to our licenses.

We'll hold off on that - as the new license is a 4x price increase for us. If at any point the new licensing is a requirement, we won't upgrade and won't renew.

• Can I select which nodes to license with SAM, or does it simply apply to all nodes in our organization?

All "managed" nodes - i.e. all directly monitored nodes including ICMP ones. (Yes, you read that right emoticons_happy.png)

We'll hold off on that - as the new license is a 4x price increase for us. If at any point the new licensing is a requirement, we won't upgrade and won't renew.

Children
No Data