This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

The Magic Of SQL Scripts: Do What Counts, Don't Count What You Do

Dear All SolarWinders,

I would like to kick off an exciting series of articles around monitoring workflow that I have created for the past few month.

A year ago I have discovered SolarWinds product (actually - platform, not just product) and it simply blew me away. I could not believe what these guys at Austin TX have done. This Thing Just Works! ... and with a bit of imagination and persistence from my side this platform would do virtually anything what I had my mind up to. Now, I am at the stage of my second breakthrough in working with SolarWinds - I have discovered the power of SQL scripts... and I just simply can't stop scripting... emoticons_happy.png

I hear some of you are saying - "Hell no, SQL sounds like too much. I better stick with NEXT > NEXT > CLICK > CLICK > DRAG > DRAG = DONE". And you would be absolutely right. I was thinking the same. Besides - I have never done any SQLing before and on top of that SolarWinds Product Team already does pretty awesome job of enabling you to not to go beyond GUI and still achieve extraordinary results anyway. Why on earth would you start SQL scripting?! ... Just watch this space and you will be amazed by the power of SQL scripts (I would add basic SQL scripts) that you can deploy in your environment.

Here we go...

Below are some bonus articles:

Thank You,

Alex Soul

www.pixace.com

Parents Reply Children
No Data