Dear All SolarWinders,
I would like to kick off an exciting series of articles around monitoring workflow that I have created for the past few month.
A year ago I have discovered SolarWinds product (actually - platform, not just product) and it simply blew me away. I could not believe what these guys at Austin TX have done. This Thing Just Works! ... and with a bit of imagination and persistence from my side this platform would do virtually anything what I had my mind up to. Now, I am at the stage of my second breakthrough in working with SolarWinds - I have discovered the power of SQL scripts... and I just simply can't stop scripting...
I hear some of you are saying - "Hell no, SQL sounds like too much. I better stick with NEXT > NEXT > CLICK > CLICK > DRAG > DRAG = DONE". And you would be absolutely right. I was thinking the same. Besides - I have never done any SQLing before and on top of that SolarWinds Product Team already does pretty awesome job of enabling you to not to go beyond GUI and still achieve extraordinary results anyway. Why on earth would you start SQL scripting?! ... Just watch this space and you will be amazed by the power of SQL scripts (I would add basic SQL scripts) that you can deploy in your environment.
Here we go...
- Automatically Update World Map Points Based On Custom Property Value
- Automatic Dependencies Based On Custom Properties (Node Location)
- Resource To Display All Your Components With Problems
- Manage Node's Response Time Thresholds Better By Accounting For WAN Latencies
- Know Your Routing Neighbours Problems
- Manage Volumes Space Thresholds Based On Percentage And Megabytes Values
- Resource to display unmanaged information on the node page including user info
- Uncovering Polling Problems and Issues in Your Environment
- Repetitive Email Alerts (Noise) - MUST HAVE REPORT!!! (new)
- ... more coming soon...
Below are some bonus articles: