Automated Failed Account/Client Login 0 Minutes Setting - How To Reset?

How To Re-Set the 0 Minutes forever denied setting?

Literally within minutes after updating the server on 12/23 for one account/client are getting denied; below find both Client logs and mFTP server logs

Client log 21:30 my time 00:30 client time

12/24/2022 00:30:19 1 0 O Global *** Scripting Step Begin: [FTP_Connect_Success]
12/24/2022 00:30:19 16 0 O Global Successfully connected to FTP site mysecure.org///toHSA
12/24/2022 00:30:19 1 0 O Global *** Scripting Step End: [FTP_Connect_Success] completed.

Client log 1 hour later after the update

12/24/2022 01:30:09 4 19 O Global Error during connect: The FTP Queue Component was unable to connect to FTP Server at 'mysecure.org///toHSA.' java.net.ConnectException: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. (Connection refused). Please verify that the server, username, password and port number are correct.
12/24/2022 01:30:09 1 19 O Global *** Queue Step End: [SFTP_Connect] failed.

The site Setting(s) are 4 times in 8 seconds, 0 Minutes blocked (forever)

Global Dashboard note: <octets removed> by me
[02] Tue 03Jan23 08:30:07 - Connection denied from IP address 63.<octets removed> (local address 192.<octets removed>, port 22)

At about 08:40, Changed 0 minutes to 1 Minutes and checking the log...
[02] Tue 03Jan23 09:30:07 - Connection denied from IP address 63.<octets removed> (local address 192.<octets removed>, port 22)

Thanks,
JeffP...

Parents
  • Now that we understand this issue maybe the title of the thread could be changed to "JSch client connection failure since Serv-U 15.3.2" or similar, as I imagine many others are having this issue and could contribute? Only a suggestion

• Yes, but You & I agreed that off-topic was okay. But now the original thread will be of little use to anyone wanting to know how to clear a blocked user, and the off-topic "really" needs it's own thread, this is an organic mess, I blame Me.

• Good point, do you want me to make a new thread specific to the issue with JSch or would you like to do this and then we can all put comments on the implications and problems with 15.3.2 and this issue?

• Yes, if you have the energy.. please a new thread..

and ha, eggactly, a very small new thread, w/link to this mess, and very clearly stating the issue is functionally at the client app, BUT that SW dropped the ball by not notifying prior and also not providing ahead of time, a method and/or work-around. Which would include how to monitor our existing logs looking for Client (JSCH..) and perhaps a test instance to make sure the method/work-around works...

But my efforts are 1) get SW Tech to guide me through roll-back as noted by you & Markus, 2) post "in" a thread for others...

• Calc, et al; 

So, this seems very similar to what you (calc) & Markus (maeh) & perhaps others are saying are the steps to revert... I have original files saved from just weeks ago prior version, which I "think" this article says to use.

How to roll back to a previous version after a Serv-U upgrade (solarwinds.com)

My question(s) are will there be any loss of, Client Setups & Blocked IPs or other data?

regards,
    JeffP...

• The article claims you can roll back the version with your existing configuration as long as the Server Identity is removed from the Serv-U.archive file, but I am a little skeptical of this because some values in the config will already be encrypted with the identity. Take a backup!

Let us know if that works, as least it would be a temporary get out.

• The article claims you can roll back the version with your existing configuration as long as the Server Identity is removed from the Serv-U.archive file, but I am a little skeptical of this because some values in the config will already be encrypted with the identity. Take a backup!

Let us know if that works, as least it would be a temporary get out.

Children
No Data