This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Are you using SEM reporting? We want to know!

The SEM (Security Event Manager) Team want to hear from you if you've been using reporting in the tool!

Take this short (~ 5 min) survey, and receive 500 THWACK points!

https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6251383/UX-202103-SEM-Reporting

Thanks for your help! Slight smile

• We we would love any new HTML5 interface reporting at this point.  One of the main things I always had to use it for was capacity information that the application just didn't show.  The new KPI Widget helps some with this.

Bill

• This is my biggest grip[e with SEM is the current reporting interface, there's no point to the data if you can't get to it and the reporting system is diabolical. A modern HTML5 reporting interface would make me very happy.

• i am not able to configure the SEM reporter, anyone has a solution how to configure ?

• Yes, I use it for audit reports scheduled at different times to PDF. The UI and UX is terrible and slow. Would be nice to have a HTML5 report builder that can save to disk or email. If not would be nice to have documentation to /api so that we could build our own with python or something like PowerBI.

• We bought this product when it was Trigeo.  Reporting has never improved.  Thankfully the SEM interface has and it's much easier to pull the needed data off.

In answer to your question; yes, on occasion I use the report server.   I absolutely hate it. The inability to modify reports after it's all set up...I believe the inability to tell one report from another (all I see is the same template name)...horrible.

• I worked with UX team (Ashley O.) on the SEM interface html5 reporting and ditching the Crystal Reports is one of the best things SEM has going for it now!

Bill

• I would like the ability to export rules configuration with reporting options this will allow for my customize reporting outside of the Security frameworks.

Considering HTML 5 interface it should be easier to transfer from SEM platform in to report template than the CSV dump.