This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Ignoring/Dropping certain log events

Could someone please point me to some documentation for how to do this?  I want to ignore certain log messages coming from a designated source agent.  I've been scratching my head over this for hours.  We have some file audit logs that are writing log messages at a rate of hundreds per second and I need to drop some of them.

So, just to be clear, I'm not talking about alerting or filtering or anything like that.  I want the LEM to drop the log message and never store it on disk based on the specified criteria.  Ideally, it would be helpful if there were a way to tell the remote agent to never send specific log messages based on specified criteria.  I don't want to drop all messages from the agent, just ones matching some kind of criteria.

Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

-- Andy