This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is SCCM required for third party update patching?

I saw this link which list out all the Patch Manager catalogs that is supported out of the box. And by checking on the Patch Manager console, you can already publish and approve these updates even if you don't have SCCM integrated, only WSUS.

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/product-forums/patch-manager/b/news/posts/table-of-third-party-patches---updated-01-jul-2022

With this, I would like to confirm if SCCM is really required to push these third part updates in the list to devices, or WSUS is enough?

If not required, then what would be the best use case to integrate SCCM?

I am new to Solarwinds Patch Manager, hoping someone can help me regarding this. Thank you in advance!

• Patch Manager needs WSUS integration to publish and apply 3rd party updates. It doesn't require SCCM integration and you can use Patch Manager console to manage your 3rd party updates.

If you have SCCM and you use SCCM console to manage your computer updates, then it is recommended to integrate Patch Manager with SCCM. By this way, you can see Patch Manager specific toolbars in SCCM console and you can directly use SolarWinds Patch Manager capabilities from SCCM console.