This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Thin AP mail not coming

I created the thin AP alarm and one of the APs goes UP 20 after it is down, but the reset mail does not come, I need urgent help

Thank you from now
  • First off, have you configured a default SMTP server that SolarWinds can use, and if yes, does a test email work?

If yes, then can you post a screenshot of your trigger condition logic? And also confirm that your trigger action has a valid eMail action, with a working recipient eMail address?

• Hi

There is no problem in SMTP settings, when I trigger it manually, the alarm comes. When an AP is down and 20 minutes have passed, the AP reset mail does not come. but if the AP with Down is up within 10 minutes, the Reset mail comes. Doesn't come when UP duration is increased

• I'm very confused now by what you are saying .... Slight smile

But, from my first reply...

>> can you post a screenshot of your trigger condition logic? 

• , if your alert is triggered and you have not received the email one thing you can check is if the action executed properly, an easy way to check it is when the alert is active go to the active alerts page and hover over the eye icon next to escalation. It will tell you if the action was completed successfully, did not complete successfully, or didn't execute at all. If it didn't execute at all you need make sure that the trigger action is enabled, what you described is often a result of the trigger action not being enabled.

• Reset:

I tried the recommended section, the problem was the same

• WLC watches AP over SNMP so I can't see that part

AP goes down and appears in Active alarms for 10 minutes It does not appear after 10 minutes in Active alarms section

• I need to see the whole page - sorry if I misled.

Here's what my alert looks like ... but you can ignore the top part as it is client specific. The key parts I've marked in red - and I don't know what "appears in Active alarms for 10 minutes It does not appear after 10 minutes in Active alarms " means as that appears to contradicts itself.

I think you need to get rid of the following line:

As it's really just duplicating. So long as the "I want to alert on" is set to Wireless Access Point and then the trigger says Wireless Access Point status is down it should work.

If you want to add in other conditions such as Unknown then do an AND / OR logic block.

If you have access to a WAP, then you can always click on the down arrow and do a show SWQL, then copy that into SWQL Studio and then unplug the WAP and re-run the query in SWQL Studio. That should then show you the AP as down.

• Oh, and the 'condition must exist for' is a personal choice for how long it is down before alerting. So in our example...

The WLC will be queried by SNMP every 2min
    In a WAP is down an internal clock starts
    If WAP remains down after 1hr - then it triggers the alert.

• hi

I created the alarm like this, but it doesn't work. If you have an alarm for the AP, can you share it with me?

• the following part did not happen, the alarm never occurs