How do I add F5 Temperature data to a custom graph?

Hi folks, I'm trying to create a graph to monitor temperatures in our data center and was trying to pull data from our F5 devices. 

We have some F5 BIG-IP i2800 devices and I can see the nodes have temperature sensors and readouts already in the mode details like such:

I can even pull up a graph for one device by clicking on Temperature Sensor 1, but I want to combine graphs from multiple F5 devices. I've been trying to create a custom chart and insert the html as an iframe, but it takes the whole page. Is there any other way to do that?

Thanks!

• Hi there, 

I don't have any F5 devices in my test platform but I tried it with Cisco and it seems to work. 

First create a 'Custom Chart' widget:

Then use the following SWQL as a datasource (Update 'Cisco' to any vendor you want):

SELECT Name as [Sensor], hi.HardwareItemStatistics.AvgValue as {Value}, hi.HardwareItemStatistics.ObservationTimestamp as [TimeStamp]
    FROM Orion.HardwareHealth.HardwareItem hi
    where uniquename like '%Temp%'
    and nodeid in (select nodeid from orion.nodes where vendor like '%Cisco%')

Then, set-up the rest of the chart like this (The 'Data Series' 'Time Column', and 'Data Grouping' has all be updated):

And you'll get something like this: 

Everything else can be edited to your own preference. 

If this helps answer your question please mark my answer as confirmed to help other users, thank you!

Marlie Fancourt | SolarWinds Pre-Sales Manager

Prosperon Networks | SolarWinds Partner since 2006

• It is almost working, but I only get one line graph from one sensor, looks like this:

My chart setup: /resized-image/__size/640x480/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/4/pastedimage1635189292961v2.png

I'm now looking into how SWQL and looking around in the database, but not quote sure where to look for more info.