This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert Scheduling Action fired or not?

Hi all! A have a little question about triggered/reset alert actions. When the alert condition was met at 8:00 all of my action initiate immediately, but if I schedule one of these as example every day 9:00 to 18:00, this action would be fired after 9:00 or not?

• I think you are asking - If I choose a schedule time (say between 09:00 - 18:00) and the event occurs at 08:00, will the trigger action be delayed and execute at 09:00 (when the schedule becomes active).

From my experience, the answer is no.

By setting a schedule in the Trigger Action (or Reset Action), that schedule determines if the specified Trigger will be executed or not.

From my experience, if an event occurs within the Trigger Action schedule, then the Trigger Action is executed (i.e. email is sent). If the event occurs and it is not within the Trigger Action schedule, then the Trigger Action is not executed (i.e. email is NOT sent) and is also not executed when the Trigger Action schedule (time) becomes active (i.e. email is NOT sent when the schedule time rolls around).

Pretty sure this is how is works as I recently had a process I wanted to setup where I only wanted to send the Trigger Action(s) (emails) at certain times and I could not do this with Trigger Action schedule settings.

It would actually be useful to have an option like "tick box to execute Trigger Action when schedule period commences and alert is still active".

To get around this - I had to setup 2 alerts with Alert schedules (i.e. when the Alert is enabled or disabled) and different Trigger Action settings (or not depending on schedule/alert/case).

• Hey, Can you give us an example of your two alerts cause I am having trouble understanding how they are operating?