This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Blank PDF on emailed reports

We have several reports that export a chart to a PDF and get emailed on a schedule.  The email comes across fine but the PDF chart does not show up.  We are on the latest software updates.  I have not found a permanent fix for this.  Anyone out there have any suggestions?

• Have you tried pulling the report from NPM and viewing it to see if its blank in there?

You could try and re-create the report if it broke during a recent upgrade or some of the parameters may no longer be valid.

• I am also experiencing this issue after the 2020.2.4 upgrade. Have you found a fix for this?

• Same issue here, currently on 2020.2.4 but was happening on 2020.2.1 H2 as well. Since reports are scheduled to save to a network folder in addition to being emailed, there's a visible history that shows the PDFs became empty starting 12/26, worked correctly for 7 days starting 2/15, stopped until 3/5 where they worked for another 7 days then went empty again up to present. Can't find a correlation between the dates these changes occur and changes to the network that would disrupt it. The data is present and retrievable via Report's URL but doesn't fill the PDF for some reason. The documents are making it to their destinations but only show the report (name, logo, headers/titles, date) not the polled data.

This issue also happened when we went from 2018.2 H4 to 2019.2 H2, it got fixed with 2019.2 HF3.

It seems like importing data into PDFs gets buggy with updates.

• I have since resolved this issue! Disable the following setting via the web console.

Settings -> All settings -> Web Console Settings

• Yep, that works! Apparently a variable that needs to be toggled depending on which way the update goes.