This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do I create KPI modern dashboard for VPN connected user total

We just upgraded to Orion 2020.2. I am looking at the "My Dashboards" feature and want to create the KPI box with all my VPN routers reporting their connected users. My failure I am having is creating the SWQL query to display the data. Would anyone have the layout in the graphical query builder? I am not well versed in SQL or SWQL queries. Any help is much appreciated 

Parents
  • If you're using a custom UDP poller then the SWQL query would be as follows:

SELECT CurrentValue

FROM Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode

Where NodeID = 'X' AND DisplayName LIKE 'XXXXXXX'

X = SolarWinds Node ID

XXXXXXX = Name of the poller. It is usually something like crasNumSessions

Hope this helps.

• Does anyone know how I take that query and add the totals for 2 VPN UDP values so I just have 1 total?

SELECT CurrentValue

Where NodeID = '1434' AND DisplayName LIKE 'VPNCurrentUsers' OR NodeID = '2042' AND DisplayName LIKE 'VPNCurrentUsers'

• Does anyone know how I take that query and add the totals for 2 VPN UDP values so I just have 1 total?

SELECT CurrentValue

Where NodeID = '1434' AND DisplayName LIKE 'VPNCurrentUsers' OR NodeID = '2042' AND DisplayName LIKE 'VPNCurrentUsers'

Children
  • Hi, not very good at SWQL queries but I believe a sum function is required here. Have you tried below? We have two VPN gateways and this query gives me one result.

SELECT
    count ([data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[UserName]) AS [Number]
    FROM orion.asa.node AS data
    where [data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[SessionStatus] = 1
    and ([data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[NodeId] = XXX or [data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[NodeId] = XXX)
    and [data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[DisconnectedTime] is null