This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How Do I Set Different Thresholds for Alert and Reset

I have two nodes that require special action when they become unavailable due to high CPU load. I've created an alert for these that says:

2017-12-08 16_04_32-Edit Alert - _(SysInfo).png

So any server with SYSPROD in the name, which are my two special cases, will alert if CPU load goes above 90 for 2 minutes.

How do I create a reset condition to have that alert clear only when CPU load gets down to below 80? I don't want it to clear right away when the alert condition clears, and I don't want it necessarily cleared after a certain time span. I want it to get below a certain lower value before it clears. I want the alert threshold and the reset threshold to be different. I figured it would be as easy as just setting a custom condition on the reset, just like on the alert. But the reset condition page looks just like the alert condition page. You select either "all objects" or "following set of objects". Then the condition. I don't want to specify a specific object or set of objects. What I want is for the "scope of alert" to be this object. The one that alerted, whichever one that is. Based on the alert condition, it could be either node that alerted.

I thought maybe I was overthinking it, and that the reset really does apply only to the specific object that alerted, but then why have the two options for "scope of alert"? Why can't I specify this same object?

Parents Reply Children
No Data