This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert - Ownership

How do you change the owner of an Alert? We have several alerts that were created by a user that no longer exists, Currently their account is inactive for fear of other issues since they were an Admin, and while the ALERTS show active they are not working. We need to change the owner from them to another account, how is this done?

• Does this work for you?

https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Network_Performance_Monitor_(NPM)/Alert_not_working_after_alert_owner_account_is_disabled_

HomeNetwork Performance Monitor (NPM)Alert not working after alert owner account is disabled
    Alert not working after alert owner account is disabled

Updated March 11th, 2016

Overview

Alerts owned by an account user that has been deleted/disabled have stopped working.

The Alerting,Service.v2.log file located in C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Logs\Orion\ shows the following message:

2017-08-23 09:04:48,105 [54] WARN  SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Alerting.Plugins.Conditions. Swql.ConditionEvaluatorSwql - Condition evaluation failed : User account is disabled.

Environment

• Orion Core
      • 2015.x
      • 2016.x
    • NPM
      • 11.5.x
    • SAM
      • 6.2.x

Resolution

This issue is resolved in NPM 12.2 or any module which ships with Orion Core 2017.1.3 or newer. If you're on an a release listed above the recommendation is to upgrade Orion to the latest release.

Alternatively, there are workarounds below for these older releases:

Reactivate the user account or change the ownership of the alerts:

Warning: Changing the ownership may return different results due to various user limitations.

1. Create a backup of the database.
    2. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features > Database Manager.
    3. Click Add Default Server and expand down to your SolarWinds database.
    4. Double-click the Alert Configurations table.
    5. Delete the default query and replace with the following:
      1. If Old users are present:
        UPDATE AlertConfigurations
        SET CreatedBy = '{new user}'
        WHERE CreatedBy = '{old user}'
      2. If affected alerts have NULL:
        UPDATE AlertConfigurations
        SET CreatedBy = '{new user}'
        WHERE CreatedBy is NULL
    6. Click Execute Query.
      Notes:
      For a list of accounts, check the Accounts table.
      Pay attention to letter casing in account names.
    7. After updating the DB, restart Alerting Service V2
  • Thank you very much. While we will be upgrading in the very near future, this is very helpful. I will attempt to make these changes very soon, like the next couple of days.

• How did the workaround work for you?

• I had to use that workaround a few months ago and it did the trick.

• I'm looking for a similar table for Report ownership.  I'm certain a similar UPDATE statement could be written to change owner on reports but I'm not having luck finding the reports equivalent of the AlertConfigurations table.