CloudGENIX SD-WAN Solution Orion Monitoring and Alerting

I'd like to know if anyone out in the community uses CloudGenix as their SDWAN solution, in what ways have you been able to integrate it with Solarwinds tools and alerting?  Also, if anyone else has the same interest?

Parents
  • Hi crzyr3d - We just started using CG SD-WAN in the past few months.   I'm testing what I can get via SolarWinds on one of our ION3000's.  I've enabled SNMP and SNMP Traps on the ION3K (see CG support portal for document called "Configuring SNMP" - can't post it here as you need support login).   I have opened a SW support ticket to include the CG MIBs into the latest SW Mibs.cfg download.   They've told me that it was included, but there's some question about that as the mibs.cfg file is dated prior to my opening the ticket and sending them the CG mibs (not sure how that's possible).   Anyway, still trying to verify that and figure out how to use the CG mibs and if we can get anything useful.  It looks like SW is seeing the device as a machine type = net-snmp - Linux

What I have so far is the basic information on the ION3K device itself (CPU, Load Average, latency & packet loss & traffic on interfaces).   With the SNMP Traps I'm seeing trap events for when a secure fabric (Internet VPN) connection drops & reconnects (CGX-EVENTS-MIB:cgxVpnLinkUp & CGX-EVENTS-MIB:cgxVpnLinkDown).   I have not configured alerts on these yet as I'm not even sure they're abnormal (drop vpn for 5 seconds, etc.). 

I hope this helps.  I'll post more when I get further along.

Ted

Ps.  The Cloudgenix portal is pretty full featured...if they'd just add some email/text alerting to the platform I'm not sure I'd even bother with SW at this point.

• I think that their #1 ease of use issue is that they did not go and get an custom OID for their product.

They are using the System Object ID of 1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.10 whic is, essentially, a sample Linux one that a vendor is supposed to customize.

SYSOBJECTID 1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.10

So, it ends up listed in Nodes as a Vendor of "net-snmp" and just slightly more useful than "unknown"

Since convenience usually means a MIB based on OID, this just sucks!  You end up with about any net-snmp MIB being usable, just ask the correct (of myriad) questions relevant to you product in the UnDP.

• FYI for anyone who finds this searching - the incorrect behavior of sysObjectID being the default NetSNMP should have been resolved in ~2019. 

If you are running CloudGenix/Prisma SDWAN ION release 5.5.1 or later, it should return proper OIDs referenced in the CGX-MODELS-MIB.mib file. This fix was also backported to the 5.4.3 release train as well.

Latest MIBs should also be at the bottom of this page:
    docs.paloaltonetworks.com/.../prisma-sd-wan

Reply Children
No Data