This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UnDP for AVTech RoomAlert 32E/W?

Anyone has a Universal Device Poller for AVTech RoomAlert 32E or 32W?

AVTECH_Room_Alert_32W_Front_2.jpg

Thanks!

(I tried to user other ABTech device pollers: 12E, 24E - no cigar.)

Parents
  • (I see this is an old thread but thought I'd post anyway for the greater good.)

I'm using RoomAler3E (not 32E) in my environment and have learned a thing or two.

The OID imbeds the product number.  NPM didn't have the MIB for the 3E but by playing around I was able to figure out the proper OID.

For example, in the following OID...

20916 = avtech

1 = "products"

9 = RoomAlert3E

I believe the value for RoomAlert32E is 8.

Another thing I've learned and struggled with is that RoomAlert returns the temperature in an integer.  If the actual temperature is 72.4 deg F the device returns 7240.  This throws my gauges and charts a little wacky.  I've tried using a transform to divide by 100 so NPM will display 72.4 but NPM doesn't seem to like that.  The transform poler just returns -1.  Don't know why,

• (I see this is an old thread but thought I'd post anyway for the greater good.)

I'm using RoomAler3E (not 32E) in my environment and have learned a thing or two.

The OID imbeds the product number.  NPM didn't have the MIB for the 3E but by playing around I was able to figure out the proper OID.

For example, in the following OID...

20916 = avtech

1 = "products"

9 = RoomAlert3E

I believe the value for RoomAlert32E is 8.

Another thing I've learned and struggled with is that RoomAlert returns the temperature in an integer.  If the actual temperature is 72.4 deg F the device returns 7240.  This throws my gauges and charts a little wacky.  I've tried using a transform to divide by 100 so NPM will display 72.4 but NPM doesn't seem to like that.  The transform poler just returns -1.  Don't know why,

Children
No Data