This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Adding MIBs to Orion

I'm wondering if there is a way that I could add MIBs to Orion?? I have a device that has MIBs but Orion knows nothing about that device. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • quote:Originally posted by dlucas10

I'm wondering if there is a way that I could add MIBs to Orion?? I have a device that has MIBs but Orion knows nothing about that device. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Custom MIB support has long been asked for in Orion. If I recall correctly, I've read that it's supposed to be avialable in the next version of Orion, Q3 of this year. A LOT of people want this, so hopefully it will be available.
  • What MIBs are you hoping to import into Orion? Specifically, we're looking for information on:

1. Types of devices that you want to monitor
    2. Stats that you want to collect/monitor
    3. OIDs that you're trying to collect from

Thanks,
    Josh Stephens
    SolarWinds.Net
  • Josh

We are looking for the Nortel Secure Router (Tasman) Router line
  • We could really use UPS devices. Mostly APC. We want to collect when the APC takes over, low batteries, power load alerts, any other alerts)

Tape arrays (Dell PowerVault, Quantam, HP Storageworks). We want to gather all alerts.
  • That could be a long list Josh.

Network Appliance Filers - Processor, Interface, Disk, etc
    Network Appliance (now Blue Coat) NetCache, Cache Stats, Interface stats, etc

Thats just a couple.

Jeff
  • UPS devices APC, powerware, and most of all disk performance information for all the OS's is a big one for us. Equallogics SAN support would be nice too. As well as detailed traffic information from Netscreen/Juniper vpn tunnels. One of our Juniper boxes does well but the netscreens don't show vpn tunnel traffic.

Thanks
  • We're actually looking for APC MIB's too.
  • Cisco VPN Concentrators, Cisco SAA/IPSLA, Juniper Netscreens, (more) ADTRAN equip
  • Enterasys Products. Mainly there Roamabout wireless line.
  • [url="http://sensatronics.com/products_em1.php"]Sensatronics EM1 Enviromental Monitor

Also: For connecting orion with another web page for error logging / fixing and node / application dependencies ++: A way to add a URL to a node / interface / application so that when a node is down, one can click the link and get the information on the other site about that node. shows "what you need to know" when handling errors in the network.

ktnx
    - XL