Exclude older switches from NCM policy rule.

Hi

I have a NCM policy rule that checks the MTU value in my switch configs is set to 1500. 

It does this by looking for the string 'system mtu routing 1500' in the config file.

However, on older 2940's and 2950's, the MTU value is global and not found in the config, so for all the older switches, I get violations, even though the MTU value may be 1500.

Is there any way I could exclude 2940 and 2950 switches from the rule?

Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Parents
  • One way you could do it but requires more manual intervention should you add more nodes is to manually add all the nodes you want to monitor instead of including all of them in your policy report.

You can also do a dynamic selection in that policy. Depending on how you have things setup, its possible to put a few different conditions that remove those. I have some custom conditions on my nodes to identify them for alerting that triggers on things such as Device_role.

Here is an example

• One way you could do it but requires more manual intervention should you add more nodes is to manually add all the nodes you want to monitor instead of including all of them in your policy report.

You can also do a dynamic selection in that policy. Depending on how you have things setup, its possible to put a few different conditions that remove those. I have some custom conditions on my nodes to identify them for alerting that triggers on things such as Device_role.

Here is an example

Children
No Data